- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, reduce 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried tulsi
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic clove salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Inside a large saucepan, bring broth and water to some boil add chicken. Reduce heat prepare for ten minutes.
- Add some remaining ingredients prepare 10-fifteen minutes longer or until chicken is not pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (a couple of quarts).
Initially printed as Chicken Tortellini Soup in Country Lady March/April 1997, p38
1 cup: 170 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fats), 37mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 20g carb (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat.