- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 2 -inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, preferably dark
- 1/4 cup Chinese Shaoxing grain wine, dry sherry or white-colored vermouth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound frozen Chinese dumplings, pork or shrimp (about 24)
- 3 scallions, white-colored and eco-friendly parts, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby green spinach
Bring the broth, ginger root, soy sauce. wine, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar along with a pinch of salt to some boil inside a soup pot over high temperature. Lower heat and simmer about ten minutes. Add some carrots and prepare until just tender, about a few minutes.
Add some dumplings and prepare until just tender, about 3 minutes. Stir within the scallions and green spinach and prepare until wilted, about one minute.
Recipe thanks to Food Network Magazine