- 5 medium fresh beets (a couple of pounds without tops)
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 16 ounces sour cream, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- two tablespoons freshly squeezed fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups medium-diced British cucumber, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, white-colored and eco-friendly parts
- two tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus extra for serving
Put the beets inside a large pot of boiling salted water and prepare uncovered before the beets are tender, thirty to forty minutes. Take away the beets to some bowl having a slotted spoon and hang aside to awesome. Strain the cooking liquid via a fine sieve as well as put aside to awesome.
Inside a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 glasses of the beet cooking liquid, the chicken stock. sour cream, yogurt, sugar, fresh lemon juice. vinegar. 1 tablespoon salt, and also the pepper. Peel the cooled beets having a small paring knife or rub the skins served by both hands. Cut the beets in promising small to medium dice. Add some beets, cucumber. scallions. and dill towards the soup. Cover with plastic wrap and chill not less than 4 hrs or overnight. Season, to taste, and serve cold having a dollop of sour cream as well as an extra sprig of fresh dill.
2006, Barefoot Contessa in your own home, All Legal rights Reserved