- two tablespoons extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 2 large taters, peeled and reduce small pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 shallots or 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 12 -ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- four to five sun-dried tomato plants
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 sourdough dinner rolls
Heat the essential olive oil inside a large Nederlander oven or pot over medium-high temperature. Add some taters, celery, shallots, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste and prepare, stirring frequently, before the taters start to soften, about a few minutes. Add some red peppers, sun-dried tomato plants, chicken broth and 1 cup water. Cover and produce to some simmer, then uncover and prepare before the taters are tender, about fifteen minutes.
Transfer the soup and sour cream to some blender and, maintaining your lid slightly ajar, puree until smooth. Season with pepper and salt and stir in two from the cilantro. Divide among bowls and sprinkle using the cheese and also the remaining cilantro. Serve using the rolls.
Per serving: Calories 570 Fat 20 g (Saturated 8 g) Cholesterol 62 mg Sodium 1,205 mg Carb 77 g Fiber 7 g Protein 21 g
Photograph by Andrew Purcell