- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery (with leaves), chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 7 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 3/4 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- two tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All legal rights reserved
Melt the butter inside a large soup pot over medium heat. Add some onion, celery. and carrots and prepare, covered, stirring from time to time, until soft, about 12 minutes. Add some flour and prepare, stirring having a wooden spoon, for just two minutes more.
Pour within the broth and produce to some boil while whisking constantly. Tie the parsley sprigs, thyme, and bay leaf plus a bit of kitchen twine and increase the soup. Lower heat and simmer for fifteen minutes.
Stir within the chicken and produce to some boil. Remove in the heat.
Whisk the heavy cream. sherry, and salt in to the soup and season with pepper to taste. Remove and discard the plant bundle. Divide among soup bowls, sprinkle the top of the each soup using the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
From Food Network Kitchens