- two tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- two tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 1/2 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled and chunked
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt, in order to taste
- 1 (140ml) tin coconut cream
- 1 small red chilli, reduce thin strips
Increase grocery list
Turn this recipe right into a grocery list you are able to print, email or take on your mobile. It's free! Operated by Whisk.com
Preparation: 10 min › Prepare: 40 min › Ready in: 50 min
- Inside a medium saucepan, sweat the onion until soft. Stir within the curry paste and prepare 4-a few minutes over low heat, stirring having a wooden spoon. Make the pumpkin, stock and salt. Provide the boil, turn lower heat and simmer until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat and awesome just a little before pureeing inside a blender until smooth. Go back to the saucepan, season with salt and add some coconut cream. Reheat, try not to boil.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish using the chilli.