Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of mushroom soup is a straightforward kind of soup in which a fundamental roux is thinned with cream or milk after which mushrooms or mushroom broth are added. Cream of mushroom soup may also be utilized as basics component in casseroles and luxury foods where its use is comparable to what mushroom flavored gravy. This recipe is really a South African vegan form of mushroom soup.
Mushrooms are recognized to be lower in calories and fat, and in Vitamin b, copper, potassium and essential minerals.
1½ pounds carrots, raw (peeled and washed)
2 Tablespoons of essential olive oil or vegan margarine
¼ cup ginger root root, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic clove, minced
7 cups vegetable broth
1 cup dry white-colored wine (optional)
1½ cups cashew nuts, unsalted and only raw or dry-roasted
2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (orange juice might be substituted)
Curry and/or coriander powder to taste
Pepper and salt to taste
- Peel and cut the carrots into half-inch pieces. Put the oil or butter inside a large stock pot on the medium heat.
- Add some onion, ginger root and garlic clove sauté for around fifteen minutes. Add some broth, carrots, and (if using) wine. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered on the medium heat before the carrots are tender (about forty-five minutes).
- Puree inside a blender with cashew nuts. Season with juice, curry/coriander, pepper and salt.
- Garnish with fresh chives or parsley.
- Serve cold or hot with bread
Serves 2 people
Recipe provided by Marjorie Marino. Bulacan. Philippines