- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon essential olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, diced, (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no salt added diced tomato plants
- 2 cups chopped baby green spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan, optional
In a tiny bowl mash 1 / 2 of the beans having a masher or the rear of a spoon, and hang aside.
Heat the oil inside a large soup pot over medium-high temperature. Add some onion, carrots, celery, zucchini. garlic clove, thyme, sage, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and prepare stirring from time to time before the vegetables are tender, about a few minutes.
Add some broth and tomato plants using the juice and produce to some boil. Add some mashed and whole beans and also the green spinach leaves and prepare before the green spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes more.
Serve capped with Parmesan. if preferred.