- two tablespoons essential olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove cloves, chopped
- 1 " fresh ginger root, grated (two tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tart apple, peeled, quartered, and chopped
- 4 cups chopped butternut squash
- Coarse pepper and salt
Heat essential olive oil inside a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic clove and prepare until tender, six to eight minutes. Add ginger root, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves and prepare until aromatic, about one minute. Add carrots, apple, squash, and three cups water. Provide a boil cover partly and lower to some simmer. Season with pepper and salt.
Prepare until vegetables are tender, about twenty minutes. Let awesome slightly.
Employed in batches, puree until smooth inside a blender. Adjust seasoning, if required.