Chex mix is really addicting and when I start eating it, it’s so difficult to prevent. One handful becomes five. Whoops. After which I made another batch.
Why is this version much more harmful is when easily it's. No baking or crock pots needed.
I've recipes for Crock-Pot Walnut Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix and Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter and Chocolate Nick Granola however they take more time to create. This version all comes together within the microwave in 3 minutes.
There’s some versatility within the recipe based on that which you dress in hands and revel in. I made use of Honey Nut Chex and Wheat Chex. The Honey Nut stays crisper and it is sweeter as the Wheat Chex turns chewier and nuttier.
I made use of honey-roasted peanuts, small pretzels, chocolate corn, and orange-flavored dried cranberries. If you wish to use a different sort of nut, type of pretzel, substitute a different sort of chocolate like MMs or choc chips, or some different of dried fruit, be at liberty. I haven’t attempted using honey or walnut syrup instead of corn syrup.
This mixture is salty-and-sweet, crunchy, crispy, slightly soft, and there are plenty of flavors and textures in each and every bite. The pumpkin spice flavor exists without having to be overwhelming, the honey-roasted peanuts give a nice touch, you will find caramel undertones in the brown sugar, and also the orange-flavored dried cranberries slightly perfume this mixture.
My daughter’s favorite parts would be the salty pretzels and also the sweet chocolate corn. She’s a chocolate corn addict. Concerning’s only two tablespoons butter within the entire batch that’s permission to mindlessly snack until your heart’s content.
5-Minute Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
This combination all comes together within the microwave in 3 minutes. There's some versatility within the recipe based on that which you dress in hands and revel in. If you wish to use a different sort of nut, type of pretzel, substitute a different sort of chocolate, or some different of dried fruit, be at liberty. This mixture is salty-and-sweet, crunchy, crispy, slightly soft, and there are plenty of flavors and textures in each and every bite. The pumpkin spice flavor exists without having to be overwhelming, the honey-roasted peanuts give a nice touch, you will find caramel undertones in the brown sugar, and also the orange-flavored dried cranberries slightly perfume this mixture.
Yield: 8 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Prepare Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: a few minutes
- 2 cups Honey Nut Chex (other types of Chex might be substituted)
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups small pretzel twists
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts (peanuts or any other nut might be substituted)
- two tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- two tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1 1/two tablespoons pumpkin cake spice, in order to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, in order to taste
- 3/4 cup dried orange-flavored cranberries (dried cranberries or any other dried fruit might be substituted)
- 3/4 cup chocolate corn (or try MMs, choc chips, etc.)
- To some large, microwave-safe bowl add some Honey Nut Chex, Wheat Chex, pretzels, peanuts, and stir to mix put aside.
- To some 2-cup glass calculating cup or perhaps a medium microwave-safe bowl, add some butter as well as heat on high capacity to melt, about thirty seconds.
- Add some brown sugar, corn syrup, pumpkin cake spice (appears like a great deal however, you require an ample add up to flavor the whole batch), salt, and stir to mix.
- Place calculating cup within the microwave as well as heat on high power until mixture is bubbly and boiling, about thirty seconds but see it very carefully because sometimes it can go fast.
- Evenly drizzle brown sugar mixture within the dry ingredients and stir to mix.
- Place bowl within the microwave as well as heat on high power for several minutes, stopping after for each minute to stir.
- Following the mix has cooled for around a few minutes, add some cranberries, chocolate corn, and stir to mix. Serve immediately. Mix could keep airtight at room temp for approximately 7 days.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are protected. Don't use my images without prior permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your words, or just link to this publish for that recipe. Thanks.
Crock-Pot Walnut Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix Packed with fall flavors making inside a Crock-Pot! Far too simple and easy , totally irresistible!
Skinny 100-Calorie Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Mix (vegan, GF, no butter/oil) – a few minutes to create, satisfying, and won’t derail your diet plan!
Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix – Ready in five minutes and thus many textures and flavors in each and every bite!
Big Clusters Walnut Cinnamon Chocolate Nick Granola (vegan, GF) – Easy homemade granola for a small fraction of the price of storebought! Discover the tips for creating individuals highly coveted big clusters!
Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts Trail Mix – Candied nuts as if you reach the mall with trail mix add-ins. These things are dangerously good!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola (Whole-foods Copycat) A copycat granola with PBJ flavors! You’re likely to want way greater than a handful!
Peanut Butter Nutella Pretzel and Peanut Snack Mix Salty-and-sweet and when you you want peanut butter and Nutella, this is actually the snack for you personally!
Sweet with Heat Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts – Make shopping center-style candied nuts when you want! Just half an hour which crunchy and incredibly addictive nuts are yours! Constitutes a great gift!
Cinnamon Sugar Candied Cashews (GF) Result in the fancy storebought kind in your own home! Salty-and-sweet, ready in half an hour and thus good!