SERVES 6 Prepare TIME 45 Min
Yams casseroles with marshmallows on the top really are a classic Thanksgiving side dish, and our recipe for Marshmallow Yams Bake is really a shortcut method of which makes it. We bake canned sweet taters combined with a couple of ingredients, before topping 'em served by marshmallows to create this your best yams recipes.
What You Will Need:
- a quarter cup butter, melted
- 2 (29-ounce) cans sweet taters, drained and mashed
- 3 / 4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- half cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- half teaspoon salt
- 1 cup small marshmallows
How To Proceed:
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Inside a large bowl, combine all ingredients except marshmallows mix well. Spoon into casserole dish.
- Bake 40 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows and continue baking for the next ten minutes, or until marshmallows are golden.
- Should you enjoyed reading this yams casserole, you might want to take a look at more sides within our assortment of Top Ten Must-Have Thanksgiving Sides .
- Not keen on marshmallows inside your yams casserole? Try our savory recipe for Yams Gratin rather!
Share This Recipe
Is that this a dish that could be produced say yesterday and reheated? If that's the case, would I follow this recipe to the finish, then just reheat following day, or would I wait to include the marshmellows and finish the recipe from there your day of serving? Thanks!
Test Kitchen Team
Hello! We don't recommend baking the dish yesterday and reheating the following day, because the dish may taste dry the following day. However, you are able to combine all of your ingredients (except marshmallows) yesterday and refrigerate it overnight, so all you need to do is add some marshmallows and bake the following day. Enjoy!
Excellent Thanksgiving & Christmas side dish everybody loves it' sometimes use brown sugar or even a little pancakes syrup rather of white-colored sugar sometimes sprinkle after some cinnamon have come across sprinkling with red-hot cinnamon candies a layer of marshmallows but haven't attempted that certain yet