- 1 tablespoon butter, plus much more for souffle dish
- Sugar, for souffle dish
- two tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dairy
- 1 cup Mashed Sweet Taters
- 3 large eggs, 70 degrees, separated
- 1/3 cup pure walnut syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream, (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 levels. Butter single 1/2-quart souffle dish dust with sugar.
Inside a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium. Add flour, and prepare, stirring, until golden, a couple of minutes. Progressively whisk in milk simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened, about one minute. Remove from heat add sweet taters and egg yolks. Stir in walnut syrup and nutmeg, and hang aside.
Utilizing an electric mixer, beat egg-whites having a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Whisk 1/4 of whites into yams mixture utilizing a rubber spatula, lightly fold in remaining whites. Pour mixture into prepared dish put on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until puffed, 35 to forty-five minutes. Serve immediately, with whipped cream, if preferred.