- 2 tablespoons of. essential olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium sweet taters, skin scrubbed and cubed
- 1 teaspoon. pepper and salt. to taste
- 2 links Chorizo sausage, sliced in two moons
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed leaving chopped, about 3 c
- 1 teaspoon. smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon. cumin
- 1 teaspoon. turmeric
- 1 pkg. Freekeh Original Roasted Grains
- 1/2 c. pinot gris
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomato plants
- 4 c. chicken stock
Inside a large stockpot, add essential olive oil as well as heat over medium high for just two minutes. Add onions and sweet taters. Season with pepper and salt and prepare until vegetables start to soften, about a few minutes. Add chorizo and then prepare until it starts to brown, about a few minutes. Add kale, spices, and Freekeh stir to completely combine.
Remove pot from heat and add wine, scraping in the browned bits from bottom. Add tomato plants and stock. Once stew involves a boil reduce heat to medium low and simmer until sweet taters are fork tender and Freekeh is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.