Cabbage Stir Fry
Today, I give a vegetarian dish having a simple listing of ingredients. An Andhra style recipe, cabbage fry, that won't only nourish the body but probably please your palette. I adore that it's a simple to organize vegan recipe that will certainly be relished by children and grown ups alike. I offered this stir fry with brown grain, tomato rasam, avakai (mango pickle), yogurt and papad. Designed for an easy mid day meal.
The left overs can be used a filling for any grilled sandwich that can make for any quick lunch box or after school snack for the kid.
- Cabbage - 1/2 mind, finely sliced
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Split gram dal - 1 teaspoon (Minapa pappu/urad dal)
- Dry red chilies - 1, tear and de-seed
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger root - 1/2 teaspoon, finely minced
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Eco-friendly chilies - 2, slit midway through
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Fresh grated coconut - 2 tbsps (optional)
- Oil - 1 tablespoons of
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil inside a heavy bottomed vessel. Add mustard seeds and permit to splutter. Add cumin seeds and urad dal and permit to show light brown.
- Add dry red chilies, eco-friendly chilies, ginger root, curry leaves, asafoetida and turmeric powder and saute for any couple of seconds on medium flame.
- Add some sliced cabbage and blend to mix well. Prepare without lid for 9-10 mts. Lower flame, place lid and prepare for 15 mts stirring every now and then.
- Remove lid, add coriander powder and salt and blend. Prepare for an additional 5-6 mts and switch off heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves or grated coconut. Serve warm with grain or rotis.
- You can include grated coconut for the finish from the cooking process.
- For variation, add cooked eco-friendly peas right before placing lid.
Printed: April 18, 2012
Healthy and scrumptious cabbage stir fry that won't only nourish the body but probably please your palette. I adore that it's a simple to organize vegan recipe that will certainly be relished by children and grown ups alike. I offered this stir fry with brown grain, tomato rasam, avakai (mango pickle), yogurt and papad.