MAKES: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups chopped organic mushrooms
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped eco-friendly pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 teaspoon dried tulsi
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large mind cabbage
- 6 tablespoons shredded Mozzarella dairy product, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Inside a large saucepan, combine the very first 10 ingredients. Provide a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat cover and simmer for five minutes. Remove in the heat let are a symbol of a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare cabbage in boiling water just until leaves disappear mind. Put aside eight large leaves for rolls (refrigerate remaining cabbage for an additional use). Eliminate the thick vein from each leaf, creating a V-shape cut. Overlap cut ends before filling. Stir 4 tablespoons Mozzarella dairy product and fresh lemon juice into vegetable mixture.
- Convey a heaping 1/3 cupful on every cabbage leaf fold in sides. Beginning in an unfolded edge, roll to totally enclose filling.
- Combine tomato sauce and hot pepper sauce pour 1/3 cup right into a 2-qt. baking dish. Place cabbage rolls in dish spoon remaining sauce over top. Cover and bake at 400 for fifteen minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella dairy product. Yield: 4 servings.
Initially printed as Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls see how to avoid & Tasty October/November 2001, p37
2 each: 142 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fats), 5mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 25g carb (0g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable.