- 2 Tbsp .. salt
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, about 1 1/2 lb. trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup essential olive oil
- 3/4 lb. sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and meat crumbled
- 4 large garlic clove cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon. ground fennel seed
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. orecchiette, farfalle or any other medium-size pasta
Result in the sauce
Bring a sizable pot water to some boil over high temperature. Add some salt and broccoli rabe towards the boiling water. Cover and prepare until nearly tender, 4 minutes. Utilizing a skimmer or slotted spoon, transfer to some bowl and hang aside. Return water to some boil.
Inside a large fry pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add some sausage and sauté, stirring from time to time, until browned, about 4 minutes. Drain off basically 4 Tbsp .. fat in the pan. Add some garlic clove, fennel seed and red pepper flakes and sauté before the garlic clove is aromatic, a couple of minutes. Add some broccoli rabe and stir to mix.
Prepare the pasta
Meanwhile, add some pasta towards the boiling water. Prepare, stirring from time to time to avoid sticking, until al dente, based on the package instructions. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup from the cooking water.
Add some pasta towards the sauce and stir to coat. Add because the reserved cooking water when needed to release the sauce and serve. Serves 4.
Adapted from Johnson-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Pasta. by Julia della Croce (Oxmoor House, 2006).