- 1 1/4 c. Bisquick
- 1/2 c. corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon. sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon. ground coriander
- 1 c. light beer (for example Heineken)
- 2 large yellow onions, cut crosswise into thick slices
- Canola oil, for frying
- Ketchup or hot sauce, for dipping (optional)
- Inside a large mixing bowl, combine Bisquick, corn starch, paprika, coriander, and beer. Stir until completely incorporated.
- Heat oil inside a large saucepot until it reaches about 360 levels F on the deep-fry thermometer. Line a sizable baking sheet with paper towel and hang aside.
- Dip onion slices in batter, allowing excess to drip off before proceeding. Drop battered onion rings in herbal, flipping at least one time during cooking to make sure even browning on every side. When rings are deep golden brown, remove from oil and transfer to paper towel-lined baking sheet. Serve warm.
More recipes such as this
Crisp and Lacy Onion Rings
Tex-Mex Chicken Tacos with Chili Onion Rings
Eco-friendly Bean Casserole with Onion Rings
Buttermilk Onion Rings
Beer-Battered Onion Rings
More From Recipes
Part of Hearst Digital Media