- Butter, for pans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus much more for pans
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons sodium bicarbonate
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, 70 degrees
- 1 stick salted butter, 70 degrees
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) round pans Line bottom from the pans with parchment paper.
Inside a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, sodium bicarbonate, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs and vegetable oil. Utilizing a hands mixer, blend until combined. Add carrots and pecans, if using.
Pour into pans. Bake for roughly 40 minutes. Remove from oven and awesome for five minutes. Remove from pans, put on waxed paper and permit to awesome completely before frosting.
For that frosting:
Add all ingredients, except nuts, right into a medium bowl and beat until fluffy utilizing a hands mixer. Stir within the nuts. Spread frosting on the top of every cake layer. Stack the cakes on the serving plate and serve.
Recipe thanks to Paula Deen