- 2 cups mashed taters
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced thin
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar
- 4 medium taters, cooked
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic clove powder
Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
Spread mashed taters evenly below of casserole dish. Layer sour cream evenly over top. Sprinkle House Seasoning, to taste. Saute onion and bell pepper in butter evenly layer over surface of sour cream. Slice taters and layer over onions and peppers. Add butter. Sprinkle House seasoning. Finally top with cheese. Bake for twenty five to half an hour. Remove from oven and crumble bacon over top.
Cook's Note: Leftover mashed taters work wonderfully within this recipe.
Mix ingredients together and store within an airtight container for approximately 6 several weeks.