This Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti recipe is straightforward to create, affordable, scrumptious, and picky-eater friendly!
This recipe is out to everyone rad parents with kiddos heading to school now. You requested for fast and simple recipes within our recent readers survey here. And without a doubt, that one’s a keeper. Should you be a young child from the 80’s much like me, you may also pop it inside your Trapper Keeper to carry onto for busy school nights ahead.
Seeing all the cute first-day-of-students pop on Facebook with new backpacks and lunch boxes has totally helped me a nostalgic for individuals annual load-up-the-shopping-cart, try-to-convince-Mother-to-buy-us-new-everything, back-to-school supply shopping journeys!
I am talking about, in grade school I needed to have that 64-pack of Crayola crayons (with vivid tangerine, holla!), Mr. Sketch scented markets, and awesome eraser tops and neon grippers in my #2 pencils. In junior high school, it had been Lisa Frank everything (indeed, particularly the unicorn stickers), an excellent-awesome Trapper Keeper, and mechanical pencils. As well as in senior high school, you’d better believe we drove throughout town until I discovered The Precise Colour of Jansport backpack which i wanted, that will hold all individuals Mead’s 5-Star notebooks, my fancy ti 84 plus calculator, and each colour of gelly roll pin imaginable.
All non-negotiables, clearly. )
Well for just about any individuals who just broke the financial institution buying all your kids’ non-negotiables, or any one of you adults much like me who still regularly splurge a tad too much on non-essential (but far too cute ) office supplies online, the good thing is this meal &- yes I’m getting us to this Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti &- also falls within the &"affordable&" category. Mine clocked it for less than $15 for six servings. If you make use of your awesome Casio solar-powered calculator to complete the mathematics, I’d refer to this as meal an excellent Deal.
I stored this base recipe pretty straight-forward in order that it would also pass the picky-eater test. But if you have fresh veggies on hands, I’d recommend sauteing them as much as include too.
Here’s steps to make it!
Start by preparing a load of pasta. I made use of traditional ziti, but you should use any shape and then any type (wheat grains, gluten-free, etc.) of pasta.
While your pasta is cooking, prepare your alfredo sauce. This is actually the &"lighter&" alfredo sauce which i utilized in my Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo recipe. It’s my fav!
When the sauce and pasta are carried out, toss them until combined.
Include in certain shredded chicken should you’d like, and toss to mix. You should use any sort, however i generally either:
1) season two chicken breasts with pepper and salt and saute over medium-high temperature in essential olive oil until cooked through
2) make use of a rotisserie chicken (in order to save one step)
Whenever your chicken alfredo ziti mixture is prepared, add 1 / 2 of it to some baking pan. Then sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese. Then layer using the final 1 / 2 of the pasta, and sprinkle with increased cheese. Bake uncovered before the cheese is nice and melty.
Then pull it and top along with some fresh parsley if you would like some color (totally optional though).
Seriously, regardless of whether you’re 13 or 31, I’m pretty positive this meal will totally hit the place.
Yield: about 6-8 servings
Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti
Chicken Baked Ziti Ingredients:
- 12 ounces ziti (or any pasta shape)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (a couple of small chicken breasts)
- 1 batch alfredo sauce (see below)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I made use of 2% low-fat)
- (optional toppings: additional shredded Mozzarella dairy product, chopped fresh parsley)
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Tablespoons of. essential olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tablespoons of. flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk (I made use of 1%)
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Mozzarella dairy product
- 1/2 teaspoon. salt
- 1/4 teaspoon. pepper
*This is not an excellent-saucy dish, if you like lots of sauce, you might like to consider doubling this recipe. Without having time to create your personal sauce, one standard-sized jar ought to be enough.
To Help Make The Chicken Baked Ziti:
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F.
- Prepare the pasta al dente inside a large stockpot of well-salted boiling based on package instructions. Drain. Return pasta towards the stockpot and add chicken and alfredo sauce. Lightly toss to mix before the pasta is also coated.
- Pour 1 / 2 of the pasta right into a greased 11x7-inch or 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of cheese. Layer the rest of the 1 / 2 of the pasta evenly on the top. Sprinkle evenly using the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 25-25 minutes before the cheese is melted and merely barely begins to turn golden. Remove and serve immediately, sprinkled with a lot more toppings if preferred.
To Help Make The Alfredo Sauce:
- Heat essential olive oil inside a large saute pan over medium-high temperature. Add garlic clove and saute about a minute, stirring from time to time, until aromatic. Sprinkle with flour, and stir to mix. Saute for the next minute to prepare the flour, stirring from time to time.
- Gradually add chicken broth, whisking to mix until smooth. Whisk in milk, and produce the mix to some simmer. Let prepare for the next minute until thickened, then stir in Mozzarella dairy product, pepper and salt before the cheese melted. Remove from heat and hang aside.
If one makes this recipe, make sure to snap a photograph and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I'd like to see that which you prepare!
Hey, I’m Ali!
And I’m so happy you’re here. A lot of my personal favorite recollections in existence appear to occur round the table, particularly when encircled by individuals I really like. Not to mention, all of the better when nourished by a few seriously scrumptious food. And So I produced this website to talk about my personal favorite recipes and tales along with you, hoping they might inspire which help all of us to take more time round the table and savor the good things in existence. Cheers, buddies! much more about me »