Tamatar Pulao with Chicken curry in Coconut Milk
Our buddies sent us lots of farm fresh tomato plants they harvested within their farm. A week ago saw the making of a lot tomato based recipes namely, tomato pickle, tomato rasam, tomato soup and Tamatar Pulao. Tomato Pulao is definitely an very flavorful grain dish using ripe red tomato plants and grain. The important thing for this recipe is incorporated in the spices and using mint leaves. With raita being an accompaniment, it can make for any great one pot meal. I made coconut chicken curry together with Tamatar pulao which designed for a tasty combination.
Tamatar Pulao Recipe
- Prep time: 10 min
- Prepare time: 30 min
- Serves: 4
- Raw grain: 2 cups
- Shah jeera: 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf: 1
- Cloves: 6
- Cinnamon stick: 1"
- Cardamoms: 2
- Onions: 2 (medium-sized, finely sliced)
- Eco-friendly chili-ginger root-garlic clove paste: 1 1/2 tsps
- Mint: 12-15 leaves (Pudina)
- Kasoori methi: 1/2 teaspoon (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: pinch (roasted jeera powder)
- Tomato: 2 (large red tomato plants, finely chopped)
- Tomato: 1 (large red tomato, blanch, peel skin and puree)
- Coriander leaves: 1 1/2 tbsps (finely chopped for garnish)
- Salt: to taste
- Oil: 1 tablespoons of
- Ghee: 1 tablespoons of (optional) vegan can omit ghee and substitute with oil
- Heat oil+ghee inside a vessel or pressure oven, add shah jeera, cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms and stir fry 30 secs. Add some sliced onions and saute for several mts. Add eco-friendly chili-ginger root-garlic clove paste, mint leaves and kasoori methi and saute for 4-5 mts.
- Add red chili powder and cumin powder and blend. Add chopped tomato, tomato puree and salt to taste and blend. Prepare for 8-9 mts on low to medium flame, or till oil separates.
- Reduce heat, add some raw grain, mix, saute for any mt. Add 3 3/4 glasses of water and produce to some boil. Reduce flame and prepare till grain is completed. If using pressure oven, prepare grain up to 3 whistles.
- Remove onto an amount bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve warm with raita or any curry of your liking.
- You should use 2 tbsps of oil or 1 tablespoons of oil+1 tablespoons of ghee.
Printed: December 2, 2011
Our buddies sent us lots of farm fresh tomato plants they harvested within their farm. A week ago saw the making of a lot tomato based recipes namely, tomato pickle, tomato rasam, tomato soup and Tamatar Pulao. Tomato Pulao is definitely an very flavorful grain dish using ripe red tomato plants and grain.