/f/fa/Make Sauerkraut Step One Version 5.360p.mp4
- Remove any outer leaves which are brown or broken. DON'T wash the cabbage -- you will want natural bacteria around the leaves. They are what can cause the fermentation to happen that turns cabbage into sauerkraut.
- Weigh the cabbage mind. This can be done at the shop before getting it home, because so many supermarkets have scales.
- Cut the mind into quarters, so the core (stem) is reduce quarters.
- De-core by slicing away the thick stem.
- Using the quarter-mind on the cutting board, carefully slice the cabbage into shreds concerning the thickness of the cent. Many people shred them more heavily, though (in regards to a quarter inch).
Are you able to please put wikiHow around the whitelist for the ad blocker? wikiHow depends on ad money to provide you with our free how-to guides. Find out how .
Place the cabbage shreds inside a glass or ceramic crock .
Steps to make Kimchi
Steps to make Coleslaw
How you can Ferment Cider Using Wild Yeasts
Steps to make a Black Forest Cake
Steps to make German Rouladen
Steps to make German Style Meatloaf
How you can Prepare German Fried Taters
Steps to make German Chocolate Caramel Brownies