By Jolinda Hackett. Vegetarian Food Expert
Contact / Media Queries: email@example.com
Because of the recognition of vegetarian.about.com, I get an remarkable quantity of email. Please be aware that I'll only consider media queries associated with vegetarian or vegan food/cookbooks/products or lifestyles. I actually do try to react to all readers feedback and questions.
Jolinda continues to be vegetarian for more than two decades making the transition to some vegan diet 14 years back. Jolinda has traveled, shopped, and resided like a vegetarian all over The United States, someplace sunny and warm and many of Asia, and understands how to order tofu in six different languages, including Bahasa, Malay, Thai and Mandarin.
She's the writer of six books, such as the Everything Vegan Cook book. The Vegan Pregnancy Cook book. The Large Book of Vegan Recipes. Cookouts, Veggie Style. the definitive help guide to backyard grilling for vegetarians and vegans, and also the Daily Vegan Planner for brand new vegans requiring a little bit of dietary advice and inspiration.
You are able to email Jolinda at firstname.lastname@example.org or send her a tweet @vegjolinda
Bok choy and tofu are stir-fried then thrown with sauce and Chinese lo mein noodles within this vegetarian and vegan vegetable lo mein recipe. It's much like what you are able get in a Chinese restaurant, only with no meat and MSG! Homemade lo mein makes great leftovers to take a plastic container to operate the following day, so make lots! If you're able to't find lo mein noodles, you could get this to recipe with regular spaghetti or a different type of noodles.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil + 1 tablespoons of
- 1 16 ounce package firm or extra firm tofu, pressed and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoons of soy sauce + 2 tablespoons of
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoons of corn starch
- 2 cloves garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root root, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (eco-friendly onions)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 bok choy, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1/2 onion, chopped thin
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 3/4 pound lo mein noodles, prepared based on package instructions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Increase grocery list