I understand you’ve had the experience.
Another night…another dinner to cook…and you’re looking at some boneless, skinless chicken breasts inside your refrigerator – just waiting to become cooked!
But you’re tired of the identical ol’ recipes, right? Well – today’s recipe for Pesto Chicken over Sauted Cannellini Beans is really a scrumptious method to mix things up!
We created this recipe on a single of ‘those’ nights! We weren’t intending to try any new recipes to feature here on A Household Feast so we hadn’t attended the supermarket inside a couple of days. We simply wanted a fast and scrumptious dinner using ingredients we'd on hands within our kitchen!
So my hubby Jack began rummaging round the refrigerator (where he found some lemons along with a eco-friendly bell pepper), along with the freezer (he found some pesto that people had frozen in the finish from the summer time) along with a couple of cans of cannellini beans within the cupboard. A couple of additional ingredients later – and magic was produced by means of this scrumptious dish!
Tender, bite-sized bits of chicken are sauted with peppers and onions after which coupled with sauted cannellini beans, pesto, toasted pine nuts and extra pesto – developing a wonderful, creamy sauce with only a little crunch because of the nuts! A final drizzle of additional virgin essential olive oil along with a sprinkle of parmesan finishes things off!
Offered having a salad, this pesto chicken over sauted cannellini beans is really a hearty, lower-carb and super-scrumptious option to exactly the same ol’ same ol’ you’ve been eating for supper!
Pesto Chicken over Sauted Cannellini Beans
Serves: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Prepare time: half an hour
Total time: 45 mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken white meat halves (about 1 lb)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- cup pesto, divided (see recipe here ) or use jarred
- cup pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin essential olive oil, divided plus much more to drizzle on every portion
- cup finely chopped eco-friendly bell pepper
- cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic clove minced
- cup white-colored wine
- cup vegetable stock
- 2 15-ounce cans white-colored cannellini beans, drained
- teaspoon salt
- Couple of grinds freshly ground pepper
- cup freshly grated Mozzarella dairy product, plus much more to sprinkle on every portion
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and toss with fresh lemon juice and cup of pesto. Let take half an hour at 70 degrees.
- Toast pine nuts over medium heat in a tiny pan until slightly browned. Put aside.
- Heat a sizable skillet to medium high and put two tablespoons essential olive oil within the pan as well as heat to hot. Add chicken cooking in 2 batches if required and prepare until seared on sides although not cooked completely through. Put aside.
- Clean pan discarding any bits in the pan.
- Reheat the skillet over medium as well as heat two more tablespoons essential olive oil until hot. Add peppers and onions and saut four minutes. Add garlic clove and saut for an additional pair minutes. Add wine and prepare until many of the wine has evaporated. Add stock, beans, salt, pepper and seared chicken and simmer on low for 25 minutes uncovered. The beans will falter a little that is fine. Increase the vegetable stock as needed.
- Stir within the Mozzarella dairy product, toasted pine nuts and also the last cup of pesto. Remove from heat and serve.
- Serve with essential olive oil drizzled outrageous of every portion together with additional Mozzarella dairy product.
You may even like: