I had been so excited after i had a promo package from Singing Dog Vanilla now, full of organic vanilla beans, extract and paste! Before my little vanilla bean series (take a look at my Homemade Vanilla Bean Pudding or these divine Vanilla Bean Cake Truffles with Toasted Pistachios ).
And So I couldn't wait to create donuts. Baked. Not your average cake donuts though, the real thing with yeast and milk and butter. I really like the yeasty texture and flavor from the donut full of vanilla bean seeds, capped with walnut glaze. So great! Walnut glaze is really a vintage and my absolute favorite topping for donuts, it's also quite simple to create!
Author: Melina Thompson
- For That DONUTS:
- 1⅓ cups warm milk
- 1 package (2.5 teaspoons) quick-rise instant yeast
- two tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 vanilla bean
- For That GLAZE:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (or even more) powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons dark walnut sirup
- Put the warm milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar inside a cup and add some yeast. Stir and let take about ten minutes before the yeast is activated and begins to smell and expand.
- Within the bowl of the electric mixer having a dough hook attached, Mix the milk-yeast mixture, all of those other sugar and also the melted butter. Add the eggs, flour and within the vanilla bean.
- Beat the dough using the dough hook attachment for just two-3 minutes at medium speed. Adjust the dough texture with the addition of some flour if required. The dough should pull from the sides from the bowl and become very smooth and soft but nonetheless slightly sticky - don't overflour! An excessive amount of flour can make the donuts hard and dry, the dough must be just a little sticky.
- Knead the dough for any couple of minutes by hands.
- (If you're not while using quick-rise yeast but regular instant dry yeast, put the dough right into a large bowl and canopy with greased plastic wrap. Allow the dough increase in a hot place until it doubles in dimensions. The fast-rise yeast doesn't need this task!)
- Unveil the dough to around ½-inch thickness on the surface engrossed in plastic wrap. Utilizing a donut cutter or perhaps a 3 inch along with a 1 " circle standard, eliminate the donuts and thoroughly transfer them onto a lined cookie sheet. Allow the donuts rise for around forty-five minutes, until they're puffed and nearly bending.
- Bake at 350° F for around eight to ten minutes. They ought to be pale on the top, not golden and browned, and merely barely baked through.
- Take away the donuts in the oven and let awesome for around ten minutes.
- To help make the glaze, melt the butter and combine it with the walnut sirup and powdered sugar before the sugar is well dissolved and also you arrived at a creamy icing. Glaze the donuts and allow them to dry.
- The donuts taste best when fresh, try eating them within a couple of days.
You could also like.
- Baked Walnut Donuts with Bloodstream Orange Glaze
- Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
- Homemade Vanilla Bean Pudding
- Classic Vanilla Bean Frozen Treats
- Vanilla Bean Cake Truffles with Toasted Pistachios
- Vanilla Bean Frozen Treats Bars with Mango & Pineapple
OK. I made these today, adopted the recipe just as written, except for the glaze. I made use of Alton Browns Doughnut Glaze and the Chocolate Doughnut Glaze.
When it comes to doughnut recipe. To put it simply, it had been awesome. It made a couple of dozen, plus donut holes, It had been simple and easy , they sampled great. I required the majority of things i made today, to my hubby’s workplace for everybody and that he stated they went like hotcakes. He attempted one and stated it had been great.
These possess a texture much like ones which are fried. I've attempted other recipes for baked donuts, plus they were barely passable. These. They are a keeper. This recipe is really a keeper. Ought to be fact, my hubby wants me to create more for him to consider to operate in a few days.
They taste just like a fried donut only not greasy and without all of the calories.
I highly recommend this recipe.
When creating these, always, check your yeast before you begin, to assist avoid problems of not rising.
I warmed the milk to 105 levels. Which was perfect. It’s not very hot to get rid of the yeast also it’s to not cold it won’t activate the yeast.
[&...] Walnut Glazed Vanilla Bean Donuts, via Sugary Buttery [&...]
[&...] Walnut Glazed Vanilla Bean Donuts via Sugary Buttery [&...]
[&...] Walnut Glazed Vanilla Bean Donuts Sugary and Buttery [&...]
Thanks for visiting Sugary Buttery!
I'm Melina, I am a separate baker, recipe creator and food professional photographer. Find out more
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!