MAKES: 8 servings
- 1 pound lean hamburger (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium eco-friendly pepper, chopped
- 1 each small sweet orange, red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomato plants, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Inside a Nederlander oven, prepare the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is not pink drain. Add garlic clove prepare one minute longer. Stir within the remaining ingredients. Provide a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Serve preferred quantity of chili. Awesome remaining chili transfer to freezer containers. Cover and freeze for approximately 3 several weeks.
- To make use of frozen chili: Thaw within the refrigerator. Devote a saucepan heat through. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Initially printed as Ranch Bean Chili in Simple & Scrumptious March/April 2009, p65