I managed to get!
65 people chose to make this
Relating to this recipe: Even though this cannelloni dish never looks particularly appetising (difficult to dish up nicely!) it's absolutely scrumptious. Fairly much like lasagne but a lot more fun to create and much more scrumptious for me. Cannelloni is pasta tubes (or lasagne sheets folded up) full of a filling - within this recipe it's mince and onion, but green spinach and ricotta can also be extremely popular, and vegetarian. Then i used a passata to pay for the tubes inside a dish, making a bechamel sauce to complete, with a lot of cheese obviously. This can be a real comfort food treat, and that i promise will like it!
- drizzle of essential olive oil
- 500g beef mince
- 3 cloves garlic clove, crushed
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 1 pinch dried Italian herbs
- 1 large jar passata
- pepper and salt
- 1 handful fresh tulsi, torn
- 1 handful cherry tomato plants, quartered
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 cannelloni tubes
- For that bechamel
- 25g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 300ml milk
- plenty of Cheddar cheese, grated
- green spinach and cherry tomato plants, for everyone
Increase grocery list
Turn this recipe right into a grocery list you are able to print, email, take on your mobile or buy online. It's free! Operated by Whisk.com
Prep: 30 min › Prepare: 40 min › Ready in: 1 hr 10 min
- Heat the essential olive oil inside a pan and brown the mince, using the garlic clove, onion and dried herbs. Once cooked, put aside to awesome.
- Inside a bowl, mix the passata using the pepper and salt, fresh tulsi and quartered cherry tomato plants. Put aside.
- Grease a sizable baking dish with oil and pre-heat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- When the mince mixture is awesome enough to deal with, mix using the beaten egg and stuff the pasta tubes. Warning - this is often tricky and untidy - the bottom line is to stuff them quite full therefore the mixture is stuck together. Put the cannelloni tubes within the dish. Pour within the passata before the pasta is included.
- Next, result in the bechamel sauce. Heat the butter inside a pan, and when frothing, stir within the flour. Stir for 1 minute, then very progressively include the milk, stirring constantly. This could take around twenty minutes to thicken on the low heat but it's worth being patient just because a white-colored sauce will go wrong so easily.
- When the sauce is thick enough to coat the rear of a spoon, pour over the top passata covered pasta tubes, and top with a lot of grated Cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake within the oven for twenty to thirty minutes. Then, take away the foil and prepare for any further twenty minutes or until golden brown and also the pasta is soft.
- Serve on the bed of fresh green spinach leaves, with cherry tomato plants.