Simple, simple and easy , creative recipes and projects delivered right to your inbox.
This recipe is introduced for you by Puff Pastry. Christmas is here and guess what happens which means plenty of entertaining. Regardless if you are hosting a meet up to see relatives and buddies or fixing a dessert to tote around by visiting a celebration, we all like an easy and quick recipe that doesn’t take considerable time but additionally looks impressive.
Apples, Cranberries and Walnuts are extremely traditional flavors for that holidays. These Apple Cranberry Pastries possess a new twist though, created using Puff Pastry and a little bit of white-colored chocolate, they're not only wealthy with flavor, there is a hint of sophistication too.
The filling created using apples, cranberries, cinnamon, sugar, walnuts and orange zest is surrounded in sheets of delicate Puff Pastry. The extra white-colored chocolate inside and outside puts these little Apple Cranberry Pastries outrageous!
These pastries will prove to add such elegance to some dessert table for just about any your holiday parties. Or alter the filling for any savory pastry.
Once you thaw and unveil the Puff Pastry right into a 12 " square, reduce rectangles about 4 by 3 inches. I discovered utilizing a pizza cutter is the easiest method of doing this.
Then each square will get about 12 white-colored choc chips along with tablespoon from the apple cranberry filling.
Brush water to the edges from the Puff Pastry.
Lightly fold more than one edge after which other, pressing slightly to close.
Following the Apple Cranberry Pastries are baked, a drizzle of melted white-colored chocolate to complete them off.
Serves: 24 pastries
- 1 orange
- two tablespoons butter
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and diced finely
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped finely
- Flour for dusting work surface
- 1 pkg. (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1¼ cups white-colored choc chips
- Finely grate 2 teaspoons of zest from orange
- Heat the butter inside a skillet over medium-high temperature. Add some apples and cranberries and prepare for six minutes or before the apples are tender stirring from time to time
- Season using the salt, stir within the sugar and cinnamon and prepare for one minute
- Take away the skillet in the heat, stir within the walnuts and orange zest
- Allow the mixture awesome for half an hour
- Heat oven to 400 levels, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray gently with cooking spray
- Sprinkle the flour around the work surface.Unfold 1 pastry sheet around the work surface.
- Roll the pastry sheet right into a 12-inch square.Cut the pastry into 12 (4x3-inch) rectangles.
- Repeat using the remaining pastry sheet.
- Place about 12 white-colored choc chips in the heart of each rectangle, add 1 tablespoon of filling
- Brush fringe of pastry with water, pull corner of pastry over filling, then pull opposite side over
- Put on cookie sheet. Repeat for remaining rectangles
- Bake for 12-fifteen minutes, awesome on rack
- Melt remaining chips in microwave, just a few seconds at any given time until smooth and completely melted
- Drizzle chocolate over pastries
Prepare time includes filling and baking time. You might use a number of fillings. Recipe adapted from Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
I’m always searching for methods to spark new ideas with my recipes. I think you'll love this particular recipe and don’t forget to look at more recipes at world wide web.puffpastry.com .
This can be a backed conversation compiled by me with respect to Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. The opinions and text are mine.