Pato no tucupi is really a scrumptious native soup along with a traditional Brazilian recipe. This food dish includes a duck, garlic clove, jambu plant and also the juice of both lemons and manioc roots. Should you visit South america, Pato no tacupi is easily the most highly suggested Brazilian recipe.
- 2 garlic clove cloves, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Juice of two limes
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 pounds duck, washed
- ½ cup water
- 5 cups tucupi juice
- ½ cup jambu, sorrel, or water-cress, washed and drained
- 2 cups chicory, washed and drained, decline in chiffonade
- Preheat the oven to 300F. On the large bowl, crush the garlic clove, salt, pepper, lime juice, and bay leaf. Add some duck use coat. Cover and marinate within the refrigerator for just two hrs, turning the duck once.
- Put the duck on the rack inside a roasting pan. Pour remaining marinade and ½ cup water in to the pan. Put the pan around the lower oven rack and roast for one hour or before the skin crisp and juices run obvious once the leg is pricked having a fork.
- Awesome and reduce pieces, taking out the backbone and wing tips.
- Put the duck inside a large nonreactive saucepan and barely cover with water prepare lightly for one hour over medium heat. Add some tucupi juice and simmer for half an hour.
- Bring a pot water to some boil and plunge within the jambu or sorrel for just two minutes. Drain and chop the jumbo, and increase the tucupi soup. If using sorrel or watercress, add straight to the tucupi. Take away the duck pieces in the pan, separate the meat from bones, and shred the meat into small pieces.
- For everyone, have a soup bowl and put ½ cup chicory towards the bottom, adopted by 5 tablespoons the s shredded duck and a pair of glasses of the broth.
- Function as a first course or like a primary dish with grain.
Portuguese Recipe Videos