Exactly what does &"comfort food&" mean for you? It’s nearly impossible to define, isn’t it? It truly means different things to everybody. For any Southerner much like me, it could mean fried chicken and cornbread. Or okra and tomato plants. Or field peas with sliced tomato plants. It truly depends upon the growing season and also the reason. Comfort food for cold temperature is totally diverse from comfort food for that summer time. And luxury food when ever you’re homesick is really a different factor from comfort food for any heartbreak.
Whatever comfort food way to you, Southern Living has your back within their new cook book, &"Comfort Food Done Affordably .&" I’ve been a Southern Living fan as lengthy when i remember. Their magazine is a continuing presence on the table and that i get their annual cookbooks completely to 1982. This latest volume is simply full of recipes which are easy, hearty, and excellent for that busy lives all of us lead nowadays. It’s a cook book which i’m happy with an chance to give up to 1 of my readers. Information on which are in the finish from the publish.
Once they the recipes are comforting and simple, they aren’t kidding. Take this Blueberry Bread Cobbler for example. It uses things that you most likely have inside your kitchen at this time and takes, at most, fifteen minutes to drag together. Pop it within the oven when you’re getting all of your meal done after which just relax and relish the compliments. This really is real, true comfort food at its best, y’all.
Preheat the oven to 375. Inside a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and milk until just blended. Whisk within the melted butter. Pour the batter right into a gently greased 11 baking dish.
Top using the blueberry slices.
To help make the streusel, inside a medium bowl make use of a fork to stir together the brown sugar, flour, and butter until a crumbly mixture is achieved. Stir within the oatmeal and pecans.
Sprinkle the streusel mixture within the blueberry slices. Bake for 40-forty-five minutes or until golden brown.
Serve having a scoop of vanilla frozen treats.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 medium-size ripe bananas, sliced
- Streusel topping
- Vanilla frozen treats
For that streusel:
- Preheat the oven to 375. Inside a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and milk until just blended. Whisk within the melted butter.
- Pour the batter right into a gently greased 11x7 baking dish. Top using the blueberry slices and sprinkle using the streusel topping.
- To help make the streusel, inside a medium bowl make use of a fork to stir together the brown sugar, flour, and butter until a crumbly mixture is achieved. Stir within the oatmeal and pecans.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture within the blueberry slices. Bake for 40-forty-five minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve having a scoop of vanilla frozen treats.
Recipe from Southern Living Comfort Food Done Affordably
All text photos on Never Enough Thyme are protected. Don't use any material out of this site without acquiring prior permission. If you want to publish this recipe in your site, please make your own original photographs and only re-write the recipe in your words or connect to this publish
Lana Stuart Never Enough Thyme
And today for that giveaway! Southern Living is providing a duplicate of the book &"Comfort Food Done Affordably&" plus a container of LouAna Coconut Oil to 1 Never Enough Thyme readers. The competition is available to residents from the U.S. only. Contest ends on April 7 at 11:59 PM EDT. The champion is going to be selected and can have 24 hrs to reply with shipping information. If there's no response after 24 hrs, another champion is going to be selected.
To go in the giveaway, simply leave a remark below saying regarding your favorite comfort food!
The giveaway is closed but you may still leave comments. The champion was commenter #19. Congratulations, Rhonda!
Other cobbler recipes you may enjoy from online:
I’m needed by Federal trade commission rules to reveal to my readers which i received products from Southern Living as compensation with this publish. All opinions are my very own.
More Posts You Might Like:
- Blueberry Nut Bread
- Never Enough Thyme&...with Aidan and Maggie (along with a recipe for Blueberry Split Cones)
- Peach Blueberry Tulsi Cobbler
- Shaggy Blueberry Monsters
- Blueberry Split Icebox Cake
- Strawberry-Blueberry Jello Mold
- Apple Patchwork Cobbler
- Pavlova with Lemon Curd and Fresh Berries