I'm always prepared to eat halwa poori. Its certainly one of my personal favorite factor to prepare and also to eat. So love this particular fabulous recipe.
Ingredients Of Halwa Poori
- 2 cups semolina (sooji)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow food color
- 10 almonds, steamed
- 20 pistachios, steamed
- 4 cloves
- 6 cardamoms
- 1/2 cup oil
- 10 raisins
- For Puris
- 1 cup wheat grains flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
Approach To Halwa Poori
- Heat oil inside a pan, split the cardamoms and insert them in it.
- Add semolina and fry till it's cooked, remove the fried semolina inside a bowl.
- Heat sugar and little water inside a pan to dissolve the sugar. Mix food color within this.
- When things are combined adding semolina. Add almonds, pistachios and raisins. Remove in dish and serve with hot pooris.
- Put flour, sugar, salt and 1tbsp oil inside a bowl and blend well. Progressively include little water and knead it into hard dough.
- Cover the kneaded dough with drenched thin cloth for a while.
- Make small balls, pat the balls gently with oil and roll them out.
- Heat oil inside a wok and fry the pooris inside it. Drain in writing towel.
sara November 7, 2009, 7:41 pm
thank a lot for adding fabulous recipes&...can u pls tell &"what u mean by wheat grains flour&"&.....will it mean maida or fine atta&...pls clarify i wana make puris
Sara wheat grains flour is regular atta which we use at our homes to make chappatis&...&...&...&...&...&...&...&...maida is called refined flour
sehrish November 7, 2013, 9:39 am
how r you?
neel i've some problems while making puries..
whenever ii make puries its become so flat n thick.
among the finest to understand how do i make blossom puries. plz help
Moona Feb 22, 2010, 8:26 pm
hi&...among the finest to understand that how do i result in the puris soft and fluffy?because wheneva i mak puris its the majority of tim hard and never fluffy?can u plsss let me know how do i mak it?
The secret's in frying as well as in kneading dough. Knead the dough perfectly and then add oil or milk in flour while kneading it. oil shoild be hot making puris immediatley after kneading dough.
The dough for pooris ought to be made hard not soft .