I’m an enormous fan of pulled pork (who isn’t really?) Succulent and tender, packed with sweet and tangy flavor, it’s mmm&... mmm&...good!
Within Sc you are able to virtually look for a BBQ joint that serves pulled pork on every corner. The issue with setting it up in a restaurant may be the sugar-laden BBQ sauce, that will knock you out of trouble of ketosis quicker than you are able to say &"Porky Pig.&"
What exactly’s a minimal carbin’ BBQ lovin’ Yankee to complete? Well you may think you'll need a smoker or any other fancy equipment to create a decent pulled pork in your own home, however, you’d be wrong. You just need a slow cooker, also known as. slow oven and you can be enjoying some keto-friendly pulled pork in a couple of short hrs.
It might not win you any fancy BBQ trophies over around the Food Network (or possibly it might), but believe me when i state that nobody you serve it to will care whether or not this’s been slow smoked for twenty-four hrs over reclaimed Noah’s Ark lumber that’s been cured using the tears of just one,000 Unicorns or otherwise.
It’s luscious, and flavorful, and on top of that, quite simple!
[pinterest text=&"Slow Oven Pulled Pork a minimal carb and gluten-free primary dish recipe from ibreatheimhungry.com&" layout=&"horizontal&" image=&"world wide web.ibreatheimhungry.com/wordpress-content/uploads/2014/02/pulledpork2small-500.digital&"]
Slow Oven Pulled Pork – Reduced Carb and Gluten-free
An easy and scrumptious keto-friendly pulled pork recipe produced in the slow oven.
Serves: 12 servings
For that pulled pork:
- 3lb boneless pork shoulder (also known as. Boston Butt)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ cup water
For that BBQ sauce:
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ cup prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce (I made use of Frank's In Demand)
- 3 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar treatment
- 3 Tablespoons of low sugar ketchup
- 4 Tablespoons of granulated sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
For that pulled pork:
- In a tiny bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic clove powder, salt, pepper, paprika, allspice, celery salt, cloves, and mustard powder. Mix well. Rub the spice mixture on your pork. Add some water to some large slow cooker. Put the spice applied pork who are holding cards and canopy. Prepare on high for four hrs, or until tender and failing. Take away the meat in the slow cooker, departing the juices behind. Shred the meat with clean hands, or use two forks to "pull" it apart.
- Skim the solids and visual fat from the top liquid and discard. Add all the sauce ingredients towards the remaining liquid within the crockpot, whisking until smooth. Cover and prepare on high for around ten minutes or until slightly thickened. Add some meat to the sauce and stir until fully coated. Serve hot.
Approximate diet info per serving: 265 calories, 16g fat, 1g internet carbs, 20g protein
This looks great! Can’t wait to test it. My slow oven is really a 1990 vintage model, however it does have a superior and occasional setting (just haven’t an idea exactly what the temperature it will get to each and every setting is). Appears to operate fine, though, so haven’t felt the requirement for a replacement.
One request, though. Would you reduce how big the photo so the recipes would print on just one page rather of two? Or make printing the photo optional? Thank you.
Thank you for letting me know Eric, I altered the photo to some much smaller sized the one that should repair the problem! You will find, any slow oven that also works should have the desired effect with this especially as this cut of meat is really forgiving! We do hope you enjoy it! We do hope you enjoy it!
I cooked this yesterday and use it low for 8 hrs. Switched out perfect.
Awesome, thank you for letting us know Tracy!
I chose to make this yesterday, and WOW! Could it be good! The crockpot labored fine, and also the meat was falling the bone when i attempted to take it out of the pot. I’m a hot sauce junkie, and so i think I'll use something with a little more kick than Frank’s the next time, and that i did add several drops of Liquid Smoke to towards the sauce, but that's just my taste. This can be a fantastic recipe simple and easy , tasty. Use it a minimal carb roll, or higher mashed cauliflower, and also have a little bit of cole slaw quietly, and also you’ll possess a real treat! If Melissa would only think of a reduced carb pecan cake to finish your food&... )
Hello There! I chose to make this yesterday, except used about 3 lbs of pork ribs because it is exactly what I'd on hands. I additionally added a teaspoon of liquid smoke towards the bbq sauce. My bbq sauce required considerably longer to thicken, however the finish result was fantastic. I had been so impressed using the depth of flavor. The pork am good! And my bestie/roomie loved it! That’s the way i understood it had been good lol.
Thank you for these really tasty recipes! Who understood you can eat very well on the low-carb diet. -)
Finding yourself in Might, BBQ rules. I've mastered a minimal carb bbq rub for that smoker. I begin with a 8-10 lb pork butt
Garlic clove Powder
3 Table spoons of Chili powder
3 table spoons from the splenda equavilant of brown sugar
Rub the mix on liberally and let rest instantly, then prepare (preferably smoke) at approximately 225 for 1.5 hrs/lb. Cover with foil about 50 % way through&... NOM NOM NOM
Thank you for discussing this recipe Erik! We’ll need to check it out whenever we finally obtain a smoker this summer time.