By Elizabeth LaBau. Chocolate Expert
Hello, and welcome! I'm so glad you're here. I'm Elizabeth LaBau, the About.com Chocolate Expert, and that i write all the content on this website. I'm an old pastry chef, a present food author and recipe developer, as well as an absolutely shameless chocolate enthusiast. Let's have sugar magic together!
This recipe for homemade Tootsie Rolls makes soft, soft candies using the familiar chocolate taste of Tootsie Rolls. If you wish to make these special, roll them in chopped nuts or coconut in the finish.
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
Increase grocery list
1. Melt the chocolate inside a large microwave-safe bowl or perhaps in a dual boiler over simmering water.
2. When the chocolate is melted and smooth, stir within the corn syrup and also the butter, stirring before the butter is melted. Stir within the powdered milk and also the vanilla flavoring.
3. Add a mug of the powdered sugar and stir until it's incorporated. Once that sugar is included, give a second cup of powdered sugar and stir to combine.
Continue Studying Below
At this time the dough will begin getting stiff and it may be hard to stir more powdered sugar in to the chocolate.
4. Dust your projects surface with powdered sugar, and knead the chocolate until it's smooth. If it's still very soft, knead in additional powdered sugar until it's firm although not dry or crumbly. You will need as much as 3 glasses of powdered sugar total.
5. When the Tootsie Roll chocolate is smooth along with a perfect firm but supple texture, discontinue a palm-sized piece and roll it right into a lengthy, thin rope. Utilizing a sharp knife, work into small pieces and put them on the baking sheet. Repeat til you have created all the Tootsie Roll dough into small pieces. With respect to the size the rolls, you need to get 80-100 pieces.
6. Refrigerate the tray of Tootsie Rolls until they set, for around one hour. Store Tootsie Rolls within an airtight container within the refrigerator for approximately two days. You are able to wrap them individually in waxed paper or cling wrap if linked with emotions . stick together due to condensation in the refrigerator.
Bring Tootsie Rolls to 70 degrees before serving.