- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 can pineapple concentrate
- 1/4 cup salt (non-iodized)
- 1/8 cup paprika
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup white-colored pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (dissolved by 50 percent tablespoons water)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salt (non-iodized)
- 1/3 cup pepper
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon hickory salt
- 1 tablespoon msg, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper cayenne
- two tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pork butt (roughly 5 pounds)
- Apple and hickory wood chips, drenched in water not less than half an hour, for smoking
- Charcoal, for smoker
Place all ingredients inside a non-reactive bowl and whisk together.
Rub: Place all ingredients inside a container having a lid and shake well.
Glue: Whisk ingredients together and put inside a squeeze bottle.
Pork: Reserve 1 cup of marinade and hang aside. (The reserved marinade will be employed to base the pork throughout the cooking process.) Inject just a little marinade in to the pork butt in several places. Place pork inside a resealable plastic bag and canopy with remaining marinade. Marinate within the refrigerator for six to eight hrs.
Take away the pork in the marinade and pat dry with sponges.
Cover pork having a light coat from the "glue" mixture to assist the rub stick. Sprinkle generously with rub, ensuring to operate it in to the meat.
Make a smoker to 225 to 250 levels F and add some apple and hickory wood chips towards the lit charcoal.
Place pork on smoker. Take care not to over-smoke. After 2 hrs, baste pork with reserved marinade and give it back towards the smoker for one hour. Baste again and go back to smoker for another hour. Repeat another time, using the basting and smoking for another hour. Remove pork from smoker, wrap in aluminum foil and go back to smoker before the pork comes with an internal temperature of 200 levels F. (Alternatively, you are able to finish cooking the pork inside a low oven preheated to 250 levels F). Once the pork has arrived at 200 levels F, take it out of heat and let are a symbol of roughly 15-20 minutes before slicing or pulling.
Professional Recipe. This recipe was supplied by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and constitutes a great quantity. The Meals Network Kitchens chefs haven't tested this recipe within the proportions indicated and for that reason cannot make any representation regarding the results.
Recipe thanks to Slabs, LLP