Singaporeans like to order Pepper Crabs in the local "tze char" stalls or sea food restaurants. Pepper Crab is Singapore's unofficial &"national dish&" that the locals rarely prepare in your own home.
Recipe for Pepper Crab
- 2-3 fresh large dirt crabs (claws cracked, shells removed and cleaned. drain to dry)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 6 red chilli padi, chopped
- 1 tablespoons of salted soya beans paste (taucho)
- 2 tablespoons of roasted dried ground shrimps (udang kering)
- 3 tablespoons of pepper, ground coarsely, not powdery
- 1/2 cup curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sugar in order to taste
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- Oil for deep frying
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Dry fry the black peppercorn (without oil) on the low heat until aromatic, and hang aside.
- Inside a large wok, deep fry the crabs over high temperature in quick succession. Do that just a little at any given time in order to keep up with the high temperature within the oil. Prepare for four to five minutes up until the crabs turn red. Transfer to some colander to empty off excess oil. Strain the new oil and put the wok back around the heat.
- Heat the wok on the low heat with butter and include shallots, garlic clove, salted soy beans, dried shrimps, pepper, curry leaves and also the chopped chilli padi. Stir fry for couple of minutes until you smell the peppery aroma.
- Add crab and also the remaining ingredients except coriander leaves. Stir well until all of the crabs are coated using the pepper sauce. Taste.
- Turn heat to medium and prepare for five-ten minutes before the crab is completed.
- Hand out and garnish with a few coriander leaves. Serve immediately with grain along with other sea food dishes.
Recipe Submmited by Chef Kim
Buy and order books cheap online, novels, recipes, used books - Singapore Food Recipes
Would you such as this recipe?
Recipe shared by Singapore Local Favourites
Great recipe. This can be a tasty dish. Adopted this recipe and also the crab taste fantastic! However I steamed the crab rather of frying them! It's healthier.
You're wellcome Cindy. Glad you attempted out this recipe. Because of chef Rai for discussing.
It was probably the most scrumptious, spicy and completely untidy things I've ever eaten just like I appreciated it in Singapore!
View by category
In history kampong recipes
Singapore Popular Recipes
Chili crab is really a sea food dish via Singapore. The recipe was produced in 1950 by Singaporean chef, Madam Cher Yam Tian with h.
Mee goreng recipe. Mee Goreng is really a favourite dish of Singaporeans. Mee goreng is well loved by all races because of its spicy and attractive flavou.
Singaporean in history favourite! Oyster Omelette. The right marriage of just-cooked-to-perfection oysters, eggs, a rather crisp fi.
Mee Rebus (literally steamed noodles in British) is popular in Singapore and Malaysia. The very best of Mee Rebus are available amon.
Steps to make Sambal Goreng Pengantin. This dish is usualy offered at Malay Weddings along with Nasi Minyak, Dalca and Ayam Masak Merah. T.
Chicken grain is a brand-time favourite at hawker stalls and cafes in Singapore, particularly using the Chinese population. There are var.
A popular and simple Malay food recipe. Sayur Lodeh is scrumptious and healthy. Should you prefer a nice replacement for meat, you can test thi.
Mee Siam, meaning Siamese noodle, is really a dish of thin grain noodles (vermicelli) in spicy, sweet and sour light gravy. It'.
There are various styles and version for BBQ Pizza. Some use garlic clove, while some add honey. You are able to marinade them, the.
Version 1 Here's a fast tutorial regarding how to prepare up a record favourite Nasi Briani utilizing an electric grain oven! The below Nas.
Most looked keywords - Singapore food recipes, Singapore food blog, singapore food recipes with pictures, singapore dishes recipes, chicken recipes, satay recipe, roti prata dough, indian dishes, singapore chinese food, books buying guide, teh tarik ingredients, chinese chicken grain, indian rojak, halal recipe, ice kacang, steamboat ingredients, steps to make oyster omelette, agar-agar pandan, recipe books, cheap books, online books, best singapore blog, singapore books online, frozen treats recipes Submit Your Link