1. Bring 3 glasses of water to some boil inside a medium saucepan over high temperature, covered. Uncover and gradually whisk within the grits, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Lessen the heat to medium low and prepare, stirring from time to time, until thickened, about a few minutes. Stir within the Parmesan and 1 tablespoon butter. Remove in the heat and season with pepper and salt, cover to help keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, season the shrimp with pepper and salt. Melt the rest of the two tablespoons butter inside a large skillet over medium-high temperature. Add some shrimp, garlic clove and cayenne, if using, and prepare, tossing, before the shrimp are pink, three or four minutes. Remove in the heat and add two tablespoons water, the fresh lemon juice and parsley stir to coat the shrimp using the sauce and season with pepper and salt.
3. Divide the grits among shallow bowls and top using the shrimp and sauce. Serve using the lemon wedges.
Being in the south we're picky relating to this meal however i wanted a lighter version. At occasions adding more cheese towards the grits or additional shrimp really are a nice treat. Should you enjoy some spice add cayenne the way you like.
Calories per serving. 254
Add one's own notes with BigOven Pro!
Save this recipe for your phone
Keep all of your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and much more!
Simply mix from the products you've on hands, then press "Add" below.
Obtain a connect to this recipe
Link type: Text Link Picture Link (120x120)
Desire a connect to this recipe? Just copy the written text below and paste it to your blog:
here is how it'll come in your site:
BigOven® Pro: The Best Recipe Organizer
Organize all of your recipes in handy folders! It's one of several options that come with BigOven Pro.
Create folders using the preferred by people you prepare for. Or by special day or diet.
It is simply $1.99/month or $19.99/year, under one coffee monthly! You will save might more by planning and shopping smarter.
Upgrade inside a couple clicks with Amazon . com.
Join BigOven and begin my BigOven Pro trial
Ads help to keep BigOven free. Upgrade to BigOven Pro and take away all ads.
Lemon-Garlic clove Shrimp and Grits
Shrimp and Grits
Get periodic ideas by email
There aren't any reviews yet. Function as the first !
Add recipe to Menu Plan
Increase plan Cancel
Enjoy BigOven's best features with a forex account! Join BigOven free!
Already an associate? Register .
- Have a recipe box of the favorites
- Create a shared list from recipes
- Follow buddies and favorite bloggers
- . more!
Add limitless recipes. Remove ads. Custom folders. Find recipes for the diet. Try BigOven Pro Free
Upgrade to BigOven Pro - check it out free!
You've found greater than 100 recipes and added these to your Favorites and check out Soons! Glad you've found the product specifications.
Wish to better get them organized? With BigOven Pro. you may create folders by occasion, people you are cooking for, plus much more. It helps you save time.
BigOven Pro is simply $1.99/mo and removes all ads around the BigOven website and mobile phone applications. Try BigOven Pro free!
Get BigOven Pro Later