- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- two tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 clove garlic clove, minced
- two tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons grain vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vietnamese chile paste
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken white meat, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 4 cups chopped Chinese vegetables or Napa cabbage
- 1 (5-ounce) package grain noodles, prepared based on packing directions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced around the bias
Mix soy sauce, mirin, 1 teaspoon from the sesame oil, garlic clove, ginger root, sugar, vinegar, and chile paste in a tiny bowl.
Heat the broth inside a medium saucepan. Add some soy sauce mixture, the chicken, and also the vegetables and produce to some boil. Simmer for 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add some remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Pour over prepared Chinese noodles. Garnish with cilantro and scallions.
Recipe thanks to Kathleen Daelemans