I usually sex maida biscuits from childhood. Me and my bro accustomed to help my mother by moving and cutting them into gemstone shapes. The good thing I love to do is moving the cutter to help make the gemstone shape. My mother includes a special spoon specifically for this (furthermore cutting sweet somas-recipe soon!). Its known as ‘Somas karandi’. It consists of pithalai, one for reds having a spoon along with other affiliate with one of the wheels with ridges to create design although it cuts. It will likely be much like pizza cutter, that this really is small.
I'll publish the spicy version, which my mother makes with ginger root/garlic clove and red chilli later. This sweet version is another bit not the same as others once we use sugar powder to coat the biscuits rather of adding it towards the dough. I really like it a great deal by doing this. Easy to make too. So that you can check it out with this Diwali :)
Recipe Cuisine: Indian Recipe Category: Sweet
Prep Time. 15 mins Prepare time. 20 mins Makes. 6 cups
Maida/ all-purpose flour - 2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1 teaspoon
Oil - To deep fry
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mix flour, salt, 1tsp of sugar and ghee inside a bowl. Add enough water to really make it a pliable dough. Dough shouldn't be too soft. It ought to be perfect.maintain aside for 25-half an hour. Powder sugar to fine powder and a side.
- Knead the dough again as time passes and divide dough into 6 equal parts. Roll as thin as you possibly can evenly with generous dusting. By using the cutter/ knife, eliminate thin strips as proven below.
- Again cut diagonally to create little diamonds. Make use of a thin dosa spatula to remove it in the moving board. Do not worry if everything will get together.
- Heat oil inside a kadai and when it's hot, lightly gather the diamonds and stop by a sprinkled way whenever possible. When you stop by herbal, the diamonds that met up will separate because it will get cooked. Prepare in medium flame with constant embracing make certain it's evenly cooked.
- When the bubbles and seem completely ceases, then remove it from oil and immediately add 2-3 tblsp powdered sugar into it and toss well to coat everything evenly.
- You should use an elachi when you powder the sugar.
- You should use commercially made icing sugar too.
- You should use knife or pizza cutter to chop into diamonds.
- Make use of a metal spatula to get in the moving board. When the dough is simply too sticky, then it will likely be difficult to get. So use generous dusting.
Do this again for remaining dough. Awesome lower and store in airtight box. Enjoy like a snack at tea time.