I simply returned from the quick visit to Miami, Fla. coupled with something much like this in a restaurant known as Captain's Tavern. It had been so great, I needed to try to look for the recipe. Here's one gleaned from Gourmet magazine, November. 2006 via Epicurious. Enjoy! This really is one big casserole, but in the restaurant it had been in individual dishes. You might add some cheese in between each layer or simply utilize it to top, or let it rest out if you like! Online, it has 92 wonderful reviews! this really is better still the following day. You are able to half this recipe and prepare inside a 9x9 pan. This really is so great, actually company but for the holidays. This recipe requires slicing raw squash but to really make it simpler to chop, microwave for several-a few minutes, or gently steam or bake after which decline in pieces. The recipe states it'll serve 8-10 people however, many stated it offered 12!
- 3 -3 1 ⁄2 lbs fresh green spinach. stems discarded (or 3-4 packages frozen leaf green spinach, thawed-10 oz.)
- 3 -5 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus additional for greasing pan-or use cooking spray to grease the pan)
- 3 ⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (1 small)
- 3 garlic clove cloves. minced
- 1 1 ⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ⁄4 teaspoon pepper (lemon pepper is nice too)
- 1 ⁄4 - 1 ⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream (or use 1/2 and 1/2 or use evaporated milk)
- 4 lbs butternut squash, peeled, quartered, and seeded (2 large)
- 1 ⁄3 - 3 ⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese. finely grated
- 1 ⁄2 cup gruyere cheese (optional)
Wonderfull recipe! I overlooked the swiss cheese and added mushrooms for this also it am good! I'll get this to over and over!
Yummy! I made use of evaporated skim milk and cholesterol-lowering margarine, together with silverbeet (swiss chard) sliced finely. And That I used the gruyere cheese. I have i never thought of slicing butternut in this way it's tasty. Also attempted it with gold yams. just like tasty and I'm going to stay with this, as it is also low G.I. by doing this, rather of medium. Fantastic fundamental recipe, though thanks heaps. It's quickly becoming commonplace recipe for the week! Beverley.
Excellent dish. I scaled back around the comes down to serve 4 people. Used to do add some optional Gruyere cheese and I am glad Used to do. It gave it that little extra flavour. I selected the new green spinach. Designed for New Kids on the market Tag. )