MAKES: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- two tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame or canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, reduce thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked poultry breast
- 1 eco-friendly onion, sliced
- 2 cups hot cooked brown grain
- Thinly sliced serrano pepper and toasted sesame seeds, optional
- In a tiny bowl, mix the very first six ingredients until blended. Inside a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high temperature. Add red pepper and onion stir-fry until crisp-tender. Add garlic clove prepare one minute longer.
- Stir corn starch mixture and increase pan. Provide a boil prepare and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add poultry heat through. Stir in eco-friendly onion. Serve with grain. If preferred, top with serrano pepper and sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Put on disposable mitts when cutting hot peppers the oils burns up skin. Feel, as this the face.
Initially printed as Sesame Poultry Stir-Fry in Simple & Scrumptious Feb/March 2014
3/4 cup stir-fry with 1/2 cup grain: 269 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fats), 60mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 32g carb (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, fat.