We’re discussing this scrumptious recipe for Creamed Poultry on Toast included in a backed publish for McCormick Gourmet .
Each week approximately, my hubby Jack and that i sit lower together to brainstorm recipe suggestions to share here on the Family Feast! Within the days prior to this holidays, we’ve both been reminiscing about most of the recipes our parents accustomed to prepare for all of us when i was kids!
Both Jack and that i have fond recollections in our moms making Creamed Poultry on Toast in an effort to consume leftover poultry after Thanksgiving! Both versions were offered over sliced white-colored bread (that’s what we should all ate back then…) but Jack’s mother’s version used leftover gravy, while my mother designed a simple, seasoned white-colored sauce.
Both of us loved Creamed Poultry on Toast (discuss pure comfort food!) therefore we were excited to test making an up-to-date form of a popular childhood meal! Today – as home cooks and food bloggers – we're so lucky that McCormick Gourmet provides a huge assortment of various spices and seasonings, so we can produce a lengthy-time family favorite recipe better still!
Our new version of Creamed Poultry on Toast follows charge of my mother and begins with a thick and creamy white-colored sauce that we’ve seasoned with McCormick Gourmet’s Nutmeg. White-colored Pepper. Onion Powder. and California Garlic clove Powder. plus some Curry Powder for any wonderful depth of flavor! We added some eco-friendly peas to the recipe – but adding them is optional.
What’s also great relating to this Creamed Poultry on Toast recipe is you can alter the spices and seasonings to fit your own preferences! Actually, you may create your personal FlavorPrint profile at McCormick.com/FlavorPrint and uncover your personal favorite Thanksgiving (or Thanksgiving leftovers) recipes!
As well as for more family recipes, make sure to also visit McCormick’s American Homemade – their salute to American home cooks and also the regional and cultural diversity which makes all their homemade recipes so unique and flavorful! It’s an excellent source of recipes together with heart-warming family tales!
Creamed Poultry on Toast
Prep time: 15 mins
Prepare time: half an hour
Total time: 45 mins
For any slightly thinner consistency, use cup of flour rather from the cup noted within the recipe. Also, you can utilize 1 quart of half half rather from the cream and milk.
- 1 quart of poultry or chicken stock
- 2 pounds cooked poultry or chicken meat
- 2 cups heavy cream (see note above)
- 2 cups dairy (see note above)
- 1 stick butter
- pound onion sliced into thick half moons (about one medium to large onion)
- cup flour (see note)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- teaspoon freshly grated McCormick Gourmet Nutmeg
- teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Dry Mustard
- teaspoon McCormick Gourmet White-colored Pepper
- teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Onion Powder
- teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Garlic clove Powder
- teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Curry Powder
- 2 cups frozen eco-friendly peas, thawed
- Unsliced white-colored or hearty country bread
- The stock must reduce lower in one quart to 3 cups so put on stove and simmer until reduced.
- For those who have a part of a poultry leftover and therefore are while using meat from that with this recipe, put the whole carcass along with the stock. It can help soften the meat so that you can take it out of the bone. This task is just a choice should you don’t curently have the 2 pounds of cooked poultry or chicken and therefore are picking meat from the poultry or chicken.
- When the stock has reduced, add milk and cream as well as heat just until hot. Keep warm over low heat.
- Inside a large skillet, melt butter over medium and add onions. Prepare until translucent with no longer crunchy.
- Add flour and prepare for 3 minutes.
- Add stock and cream mixture 1 / 3 at any given time towards the skillet, stirring every time having a wire whip.
- Once all the liquid is within, add salt, nutmeg, mustard, pepper, onion powder, garlic clove powder and curry powder.
- Prepare over low heat for any couple of minutes and add cooked poultry or chicken shredding while you add.
- Mention to hot but take care not to scorch.
- Add frozen peas, stir and hold over low heat when you slice and toast the bread.
- Slice bread into thick slices and gently toast.
- For everyone, place single slices of toast on dinner plates and top having a generous area of the creamed chicken.
- Great offered with steamed carrots.
You may even such as these other great recipes using McCormick Spice: