- 1 cup basmati grain
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- Kosher salt
- two tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 bunches scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 5 cloves garlic clove
- 1/2 habanero chile pepper, seeded
- two tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, reduce 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 15 -ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 -ounce box frozen chopped green spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Golden raisins, for topping
Preheat the oven to 425 levels F. Combine the grain, coconut water, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt inside a large saucepan. Provide a boil, then lessen the heat to low and canopy prepare before the grain is tender, about twenty minutes. Remove in the heat let stand, covered, a few minutes. Transfer to some bowl and toss using the butter and coconut put aside.
Meanwhile, combine the scallions, cilantro, thyme, garlic clove, habanero and 1/2 cup water inside a mixer or blender puree to create a smooth paste. Transfer 1 tablespoon to some normal size bowl stir within the curry powder. turmeric. cumin, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 cup water. Transfer the rest of the paste to some large bowl and add some chicken and 1 teaspoon salt toss to coat.
Heat the essential olive oil inside a large pot or Nederlander oven over medium-high temperature. Add some curry-scallion paste prepare, stirring, before the paste darkens and begins to separate, about a few minutes. Add some chicken towards the pot. Lessen the heat to medium cover and prepare, stirring from time to time, until almost cooked through, fifteen minutes.
Boost the heat to medium high. Uncover and prepare, stirring from time to time, until thickened, 15 more minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water, the carrots, chickpeas and green spinach. Provide a boil, then lessen the heat to medium. Simmer before the chicken is tender, 15 more minutes.
Transfer the chicken mixture to some 9-by-13-inch baking dish and top using the grain mixture. Bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 25 minutes. Top with golden raisins.
Photograph by Justin Master