Chettinad cuisine is one thing that by trying once you'll be hooked into it provided you consume spicy food. I usually loved chettinad recipes but these days I'm an excessive amount of in it so after Chettinad Egg Curry it is time for many Chettinad Prawn Curry also known as Chettinad Eral Khuzambu as well as it is a No-Coconut Curry.
This prawn curry is that are awesome, so flavorful, spicy and scrumptious. Perfect with steamed grain it is the recipe to create your weekend special. Within my home everybody simply loved this prawn kuzhambu also it disappeared very quickly. For me personally prawn means prawn masala which is typically the most popular recipe within this blog, I make more often than not for that simple, scrumptious prawn masala cause it is a fabulous never-fail recipe, lots of people have attempted my Prawn Masala and that i always received such amazing feedback, so for something new I attempted Chettinad style prawn curry and from then make this handful of occasions. This try to you likely to like it.
Ingredients for Chettinad Prawn Curry [Serves 2-3]
Prawn - 300 gms
Onion - 2 Large or 1.5 Cup chopped
Tomato - 1 Large
Eco-friendly Chilli - 2
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds Powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Oil - 3 tablespoons of
Asafetida/ Hing - A Pinch
Curry Leaves - 1 Sprig
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Ginger root-Garlic clove Paste - 1/2 tablespoons of
Tamarind - Small Gooseberry Size
Salt - To Taste
To Roast Grind
Cumin Seeds (Jeera) - 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds (Saunf) - 1/2 teaspoon
Aniseed/Carom Seeds (Ajwain) - 1/2 teaspoon
Poppy Seed (Khaskas) - 1 teaspoon [ I did not use]
Fenugreek Seeds (Methi dana) - 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds (Khada Dhaniya) - 1 teaspoon
Pepper Corn (Kalimrich) -8-9
Dry Red Chilli (Sukhi Lal Mirch) - 2
Cinnamon (Dalchini) -1/2" pieces
Cloves (Lung) - 2
Eco-friendly Cardamom (Hari Elachi) - 2
Mace ( Javitri) - Small Piece [optional]
Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 2 teaspoon
1. Neat and rinse prawns 6-7 occasions in water, add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon salt, mix well and aside for ten minutes. Rinse again 3-4 occasions and blend 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon salt, keep aside until needed.
This task would be to remove smell from prawn, if you want you can easily marinate once.
2. Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup water for 10-fifteen minutes and extract pulp. Finely chop onion, tomato, eco-friendly chilli.
3. Dry roast all of the ingredients under 'to roast grind' until light brown and aromatic.
4. Let it awesome roasted spices and grind to powder, keep aside.
4. In same wok heat oil, add hing, mustard seeds and permit to splutter. Add curry leaves, onion, eco-friendly chilli, ginger root-garlic clove paste and saute until onion becomes soft.
5. Add chilli, turmeric, coriander powders and blend well, prepare for any minute.
6. Now add chopped tomato and prepare until it will get mash.
7. Add prawn and stir, prepare for several-4 minutes or until prawn becomes soft.
8. Add tamarind extract, 1/2 cup water, salt and produce it to get affordable boil, simmer for just two minutes.
9. Add 2 teaspoon of grinded masala allow it to boil again and simmer for five minutes until gravy becomes thick and oil floats on the top. Garnish with cilantro and off flame.
Serve warm with steamed grain or any variety grain of your liking.
Have a very good day