Crunchy buttery millionaires shortbread, sweet caramel and scrumptious chocolate all-in-one decadent gluten-free slice.
This recipe was handed to my hubby with a friend a long time ago. Since that time I've adapted a few of the quantities and ingredients to really make it gluten-free and also the shortbread has turned into a firm family favourite, although I do not make sure they are an excessive amount of because they are pretty wicked! These slices take some work. Well really it's more there are three stages to cooking them so make sure they are on the day you're based both at home and can perform each stage and allow awesome and hang although making with another job.
Millionaires shortbread. The first is never enough.
For any large batch, makes 40+ pieces
For that shortbread:
- 225g butter
- 110g sugar
- 350g gluten-free self-raising flour
For that caramel:
- 225g butter
- 240g sugar
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 tin/400g sweetened condensed milk
For that topping:
- 300g chocolate (dark, milk, white-colored or perhaps a mix)
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/350F/gas mark 4.
- Cut the butter into cubes or use softened butter and put inside a mixerOrmixing machine using the sugar. Mix until creamy.
- Add some flour and blend well until it can make a dough. It's my job to find I have to use my hands to bind the mix together in the final stage. Whether it does not quite create a dough, you are able to tip the crumbs in to the tin and press lower well to mix.
- Press right into a large greased and lined tray (c.40x30cm) and prick having a fork throughout.
- Bake for 15-twenty minutes until golden.
- Leave to awesome within the tin.
- For that caramel put the sugar, butter, syrup and condensed milk inside a pan on the low heat and stir until dissolved.
- Then show up heat and boil for several-4 minutes, stirring whole time to avoid the caramel from catching. I personally use an additional lengthy metal spoon for stirring. Be cautious as it can certainly burn easily at this time which is extremely hot and you can get an awful burn should you splashed yourself.
- Test to find out if it's the right consistency by shedding a percentage right into a glass of cold water - the caramel will form a little blob but still be soft.
- Pour within the cooled base and then leave to awesome and hang. This can take a minimum of an hour or so, maybe longer.
- When the caramel is placed, melt the chocolate and pour/spread within the caramel.
- Leave to create. This can take a minimum of an hour or so, maybe longer.
- Once set I love to place it within the refrigerator to help make the block very hard because it is then simpler to chop up.
- Reduce pieces. This makes a minimum of 40 pieces, most likely more.
- Store within an airtight container. They'll last a minimum of per week - although not within my household!
- You may choose the type of chocolate you would like for that topping or create a mix. Many people prefer chocolates but we generally use milk chocolate. You may be artistic and employ basics chocolate after which drizzle another kind outrageous.
- This recipe does create a great quantity of millionaires shortbread. I've frequently considered halving it speculate it utilizes a whole tin of condensed milk, I question things i would use another half and finish up making with whole batch (shame. ).
- Some advice to get the shortbread from the tin is ensuring your baking parchment is larger compared to tin so technology-not only to drag the shortbread out.
world wide web.glutenfreegoblin.co.united kingdom 2014. All Legal rights Reserved. Contact Disclaimer