Nigerian Fresh Fish Stew
Nigerian fresh fish stew(obe eja tutu) is really a healthy Nigerian stew that's cooked with fresh fish, tomato plants, peppers and spices. It's a great replacement for the Beef and chicken stew particularly if you are watching unwanted weight as well as on a minimal calorie diet.
I really like this fish stew because, you are able to get it ready with any kind of fresh fish you've, although in Lagos condition, many people choose to prepare using the Obokun fish (tilapia) or Catfish, but any fish will work.
The Nigerian Fish stew is enjoyed with many staple Nigerian food, for example, steamed grain, steamed yams, steamed and fried plantains, beans recipes and much more. It's not unusual to determine people add some fish stew to Nigerian soups or perhaps take fufu meals using the fish stew instead of soup.
Well, This can be a recipe,Enjoy!
If you want watching videos, here is a video recipe for that Nigerian Fresh fish stew. demonstrating step-by-step, how you can prepare it :)
Ingredients for Nigerian Fresh Fish Stew
- 1kg Fresh Tomato plants or canned tomato puree(the watery type )
- 100g Tinned tomato paste(the tiniest De Rica brand thick tomato paste (optional)
- 1 litre Vegetable Oil(read recipe to determine how you can re-make use of the oil )
- 300g Fresh fish(any fresh fresh fish is going to do)
- two or three medium bulbs Onions
- 5 Habanero Pepper (atarodo )
- 2 stock cubes
- Thyme and curry (1 teaspoon each)
- Salt to taste
* First blend the tomato plants, peppers and onions. If you're utilizing the thick tomato paste, simply dilute it a little in little water and hang aside.
* Pour the blended tomato plants right into a pot and allow it to boil before the consistency is thicker and also the excess water is dried out.
*In another pot, add some cleaned cut fresh fish ,give a little water, thyme, curry ,1 stock cube and salt to taste.Parboil for just two minutes. this can help to toughen your skin from the fish and obtain the fish tasty.You may also marinate the fish using these spices overnight or about one hour, should you prefer not to parboil the fish.After 2 minutes, remove the use the pot and reserve the liquid(fish stock ).
* Now, warm up the vegetable oil, then add onions(optional, since the blended tomato plants already has onions ). Add some dried tomato plants, the diluted tinned tomato plants(derica ) and fry for around 25 minutes or before the tomato loses it's sour taste. Stir constantly to avoid burning at the end.
*Add some fish stock and prepare for ten minutes.
*Next, add some parboiled fish, stock cube and salt to taste. Cover and then leave to simmer before the fish is correctly cooked. The Nigerian Fish Stew is prepared.Appreciate.
***Once the stew cools lower a little, scoop the excess oil, pour right into a bottle and preserve within the fridge. This fish stew oil, can be used as Nigerian soups. stew, beans recipes and yam recipes too.
The Nigerian Fish Stew can be used for eating Steamed grain, steamed and fried yams, plantain recipe s and beans recipes. Enjoy!
Various Other Recipes
By Nky Lily Lete
Help needed! Hello, I simply cooked a really scrumptious pot of fresh catfish stew, with the exception that disappointingly for many strange reason, the fish especially and also the stew sampled sweet just like a whole cup of sugar have been added :(. Please are you able to or anybody assist with what may've happened?
I really like my stews bell pepper wealthy and just a little if any tomato plants, so my ingredients were:
3 1/2 large peppers, 4 scotch bonnets, 1 1/2 tablespoons of tomato puree, maggi salt. Which wasn't the very first time I've used this pepper ratio, and so i'm suspecting the catfish. These were bought 'ready washed and frozen' in the indian shops in United kingdom, though I still spent about 45min rewashing completely with salt after which, warm water.
Saving that, do you consider possibly the peppers I purchased now were built with a sweeter than normal taste, when i've heard they are able to sometimes taste very sweet?
Help, thanks ahead of time.
Hi dear, because you used this ratio before and all sorts of sampled fine, I suppose the prepackged catfish may be the offender here, however i'll also explain that some types of peppers offered within the United kingdom are sweet and may really be eating raw in salad.
Don't discard the stew, technology-not only for jollof grain or coconut grain. You may also increase the 2 more peppers allow it the spicy feel you would like.
Hope ,I could help dear :)