- two tablespoons extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- three or four cloves garlic clove, minced
- Juice of just one lime (two tablespoons)
- Juice of just one orange (two tablespoons)
- 3 to three 1/2-pound boneless pork shoulder
- One 24-inch sub roll
- Yellow mustard
- 1 pound Swiss, thick-sliced
- 1 pound honey pork, thinly sliced
- 2 cups dill pickle chips
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
Mix the oil, salt, cumin, oregano. pepper, red pepper, garlic clove, lime juice and orange juice in a tiny bowl. Make slits within the pork having a paring knife and rub liberally throughout using the oil mixture. Put the pork inside a slow oven and top using the remaining juices in the bowl. Cover and prepare on low until tender, flipping once midway through, about 6 hrs.
Remove in the slow oven and let awesome slightly. Shred the pork into thick chunks with 2 forks. Set the pork aside and warm within the cooking liquid.
Slice the roll open and smear each side with mustard. Layer around the Swiss, pork, pulled pork and pickles. Put the onions over half the sub and reduce portions. Or, begin opposing ends and race towards the middle.
Recipe thanks to Shaun Mauro