Not like Granny’s Poultry Noodle Soup. It’s much like love inside a bowl. My granny has some form of soup to warm up whenever you visit her, and my personal favorite is her poultry noodle soup. I recreated my granny’s poultry noodle soup the very best I possibly could. The tastes are place on and also the noodles are nice tender. This recipe is ideal for using leftover poultry.
I designed a homemade Poultry Stock with this soup, because we had cooked an entire poultry the 2009 week, I made use of the carcass, some veggies, seasonings and water, and cooked it my slow oven. The poultry stock may appear like lots of work, however it’s is really simple, and adds a lot of flavor for this soup. (this poultry stock must be made overnight, or yesterday causeing this to be soup)
The following day once i made the poultry stock (or purchase it, Trader Joe’s sells an incredible poultry stock!) I added the poultry stock, poultry, veggies, bay leaves, thyme and pepper towards the slow oven, I cooked all that for 8 hrs on low. I Then cooked my noodles around the stove-top, then added these to the soup, and cooked for 1 1/2 hrs more within the slow oven, Used to do this therefore the noodles would get extra tender, much like granny’s. I usually prepare my noodles before contributing to the slow oven, I'd a poor knowledge about noodles that disappeared into mush within the slow oven, after i added them raw.
My loved ones continues to be lower using the flu now, which was the right meal to create us feel good! I additionally needed to work late all of this week too, which didn’t help whatsoever! I really hope to feel good now, and i'm happy which i may have this soup for leftovers!
Grandma's Poultry Noodle Soup
Prep Time: twenty minutes
Prepare Time: 9 hrs, forty-five minutes
Total Time: 10 hrs, a few minutes
Yield: Serves 8
- 7 cups Poultry Stock, or broth (chicken broth can be utilized)
- 3 cups cooked leftover poultry, shredded or diced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced white-colored onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- dash of pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles (damaged up)
- salt to taste
- Add some stock or broth, poultry, carrots, celery, onion, bay leaves, thyme, and pepper towards the slow oven.
- Cover, and prepare on low for 8 hrs.
- Following the 8 hrs are up, prepare the noodles for around 12 minutes in boiling water around the stovetop.
- Add some drained noodles towards the slow oven using the soup, and then prepare on HIGH for around an 1 1/2 hrs more, this can soften the noodles perfectly, making the soup thicker.
Slow Oven Size: 6 quart or bigger