Yield six to eight servings
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 pound button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pound green spinach, stemmed, washed, blanched and roughly chopped
- 3 cups grated Parmesan
- two tablespoons essential olive oil, plus much more for coating casserole dish
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken white meat
- 1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
- 1 pound oven-ready lasagna sheets
- 1 tablespoon butter, reduce 8 pieces
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also called Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/two tablespoons paprika
- two tablespoons salt
- two tablespoons garlic clove powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper cayenne
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Melt the butter inside a large saucepan over medium heat. Add some mushrooms and prepare, stirring frequently before the mushrooms are browned and the majority of the liquid has evaporated, about five to seven minutes. Add some onions and garlic clove towards the pan and saute until soft and translucent, three or four minutes. Add some flour and prepare, stirring having a wooden spoon, to create a light roux. a couple of minutes. Whisking constantly, gradually add some milk and then prepare, stirring from time to time until thickened, a few minutes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons from the salt, pepper, nutmeg, green spinach and 1 1/2 glasses of the Parmesan and prepare, stirring, until thickened, a couple of minutes. Remove in the heat. Place a bit of plastic wrap on the top of bechamel sauce until prepared to assemble the lasagna.
Set a sizable, 12-inch saute pan over medium heat and add some essential olive oil. Season the chicken using the Essence and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and put within the hot pan. Sear the chicken, stirring from time to time, until golden brown and cooked through, about four to five minutes. Transfer to some plate to awesome and hang aside. When awesome, reduce bite size pieces.
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
Coat a 9 by 13 by 3-inch casserole with essential olive oil, and spread about 1/2 cup from the bechamel sauce at the base from the dish. Lay 3 sheets of pasta across the foot of the dish and spread 3/4 cup from the bechamel sauce within the pasta. Sprinkle 1/4 from the chicken within the bechamel sauce, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup from the remaining Parmesan. Lay another 3 sheets of pasta within the chicken. Repeat 2 additional occasions using the remaining bechamel sauce, chicken, Parmesan, and pasta, ending having a layer of pasta engrossed in bechamel sauce. Sprinkle the rest of the 1/2 cup of Parmesan within the bechamel sauce and scatter the butter pieces outrageous. Put the casserole on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake, uncovered, until bubbly and well browned, about forty-five minutes. Remove in the oven and permit to awesome not less than twenty minutes before serving.
Note: You might need slightly under the whole package of lasagna noodles. with respect to the pan employed for the casserole. Also, you might be able to fit greater than 3 bits of pasta in every layer, depending. The pasta could be damaged into smaller sized pieces to complete the gaps.
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also called Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients completely.
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Printed by William Morrow, 1993.