Today's recipe is a family favorite for many years. It's the type of recipe which makes me consider home, and each time I allow it to be I recieve just a little nostalgic in my childhood. It had been among the first recipes I copied from the Mother's recipe filebox after i moved out by myself.
I have designed a couple of minor tweaks towards the recipe through the years (mainly I have excited the spices just a little), and it makes sense below. I think you'll love this particular dish around we all do.
1 pound hamburger
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon mild chili powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper cayenne
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 28-ounce can crushed tomato plants
1 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and well-drained
Corn Bread Batter:
3/4 cup white-colored flour
two tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup corn meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
two tablespoons corn oil/vegetable oil
1) Preheat oven to 400F (
200C). Brown hamburger with onions inside a large non-stick pan, drain off just as much extra fat as possible.
2) Add seasonings, Worcestershire sauce and tomato plants. Cover and simmer on medium heat for fifteen minutes, stirring from time to time. Then, add kidney beans, stir well, and pour sauce right into a large (2 1/2 quart) casserole dish.
3) Now, result in the corn bread batter: Sift the dry ingredients together inside a medium bowl. Inside a separate medium bowl, combine the eggs, oil and milk. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and beat until well mixed, about one minute.
4) Finally, lightly pour the corn bread batter on the top from the sauce, and lightly spread having a spatula to make certain the actual sauce is well taught in corn bread batter (see photos below ). Bake at 400F (200C) for twenty five minutes, or before the cornbread is golden brown.
Serves 4-5 like a primary dish.
1) I can not say this is actually the easiest recipe at Casual Kitchen, however with somewhat practice, you will get it lower pat very easily. The important thing towards the rhythm of the dish is to buy your cornbread ingredients arranged and prepared as the hamburger and tomato plants are simmering. Then, when the sauce is completed, you are able to create the cornbread batter in just a few minutes. Before very long, your dinner is incorporated in the oven.
2) An excellent factor relating to this recipe is it microwaves up very nicely the following day. If you reside alone or maybe there are only a handful of people inside your household, this is actually the type of dish that may help you stay well-given for just two-three days or even more.
How do i support Casual Kitchen?
If you like studying Casual Kitchen, tell a buddy and get the word out! You may also support me by buying products from Amazon . com.com via links on this website, or by linking in my experience out of your own blog, or by registering to my Feed. Finally, you can look at submitting this short article, or other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us. digg or stumbleupon. Appreciate your support!