A dear friend sent me this recipe. certainly one of my top picks. Misoyaki butterfish combines japan flavors of sake and miso. Butterfish also is referred to as black cod, deep ocean cod, sablefish, gindara and snowfish might be found fresh or sometimes flash frozen. I personally use the Hawaiian Miso Soy Company brand soybean paste. I've not attempted it yet using the ginger root. the next time. )
- 6 ounces fillet butterfish, skin intact
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Add some sake and mirin to some heavy bottomed pot and produce to some boil for around 10-fifteen minutes to lose from the alcohol. Next, turn lower heat and stir within the sugar and miso. Prepare until it turns a pale caramel color. Remove from heat and let it awesome completely.
- To organize the fish, it first must be defrosted. Once that's done, rinse in cold flowing water after which pat dry having a clean paper towel.
- Put into a Ziploc® bag. I add some miso marinade after which permit this to sit within the refrigerator for 48-72 hrs.
- **72 hrs later** Remove your filet in the Ziploc® bag.
- Add in regards to a tablespoon of vegetable oil to some skillet that is on medium-low heat. Incorperate your fish towards the pan. Prepare for around 4-a few minutes, turn then prepare for an additional 4-a few minutes, you are prepared to serve.
- Serve with hot grain and perhaps some tsukimono, salad vegetables and miso soup.
- NOTE: My friend's comment: Should you bake the fish inside a foil lined container ……… no mess works inside a toaster too. If you want the skin to become crispy, bake until turns black. You may also do that on the grill by wrapping the fish in aluminum foil, but to create skin crispy you need to fry it after removing it the grill.